click here for a free macbook pro

this is pretty much the only blog you'll ever need to read.ever. All of my opinions are actually scientific facts and are never wrong and should be treated as such and I'm totally joking. this is my blog for Ethical well being class and I'm going to be putting my assignments here.

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

first post. #unedited


Some of my personal principles are ability instead of natural talent and confidence

Nobody is born being good at something. People are good at things because they spend time on them. I don’t believe in talent only ability. Because talent means a person is naturally good at something. There is a saying that goes “it takes 10,000 hours to develop a talent.” I’m an artist and people always say to me “oh no I could never draw like that no matter how hard I tried” I think that’s total crap. I actually learned how to draw the way I do now. Of coarse, creativity helps but what good are my ideas if I don’t know how to put them on paper? This is a personal principle I’ve developed over time and if I believed people were born with artistic talent I would have given up after my first shitty drawing.

I believe confidence is the first step in achieving anything. Being sure of and accepting your self are very important. This is especially true with relationships. You cannot accept another person’s love until you fist love yourself. Because how can you accept someone else’s love if you don’t think you deserve it. It also helps with making decisions. Being sure of yourself can keep you from making bad choices.

I wouldn’t say my personal philosophies were taught to me as much as other people put them into words. For example, people saying things I already agree with. Sort of like putting a name to something I already believed. Or someone says something and I agree. My mind is hardly swayed especially when it comes to personal beliefs. I’m a very practical person so I trust my own judgment to make the right decisions

I wouldn’t say the readings have impacted my principles too much just yet. I tend to argue against Philosophies I don’t agree with rather than muse over them, I’m not so easily swayed.

Out of all the principals so far I really like Taoism. I like the saying about change being the only constant. I also find yin and yang to be really interesting. I agree that one thing cannot be without its opposite. There is no light without dark and no good without bad. A good balance in the world is very important. I like the idea of being like water. Spontaneous, natural, forceful and free of poison. I enjoyed learning about Taoism.

2 comments:

  1. When I first red your view that you can't really be swayed easily something stood out to me. I don't really think the reason for the articles are to abide by a certain one but more or less to understand different views of humans and their thoughts. For some these articles may be the open door to finding and polishing what they really believe in but for others it is just more knowledge to attain and learn from.

    I totally agree with you on liking the Taoist. That article really stood out to me as well. I am all for pursuing ones own interest as long as it is a natural interest. I thought of myself when I read that part. I also like the ying and yang piece because it is true. One cannot understand what it is to be in a good position without feeling a bad one. Now, I am not saying to pick out the dark points and high points in life but to be able to understand the difference, accept it, and figure a way to get out. Always remain teachable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda,

    I don't completely agree with your view on ability and hard work vs. natural talent. First of all, do you mean that people may not already have physical gifts or inclinations towards a certain talent? For example, most people in the NBA are physically gifted athletes and they can do things that no other human being can do. That is due more to talent rather than hard work. However, I do agree with you that hard work beats talent every time. People may just already have a certain affinity for a craft. If you work hard at anything you'll be good at it. If you work hard at what you're best at then, then you'll be great.

    It's all about balance and karma!!


    Ranjeet

    ReplyDelete